Upon writing this post, I am still reading this article about ways to make brushing fun. Some points (quoted from Mamafiza in no particular order) that must be taken into considerations are:
- Do not use toothpaste that has fluoride until your baby is two years old
- For children under 4, choose a product formulated especially for children, like Kodomo Lion’s for toddler.
- Bedtime is the most important time to brush
- Change your child’s toothbrush
Every 3 months and after the child has been sick. It is important to change toothbrushes after recovering from the cold and flu, as toothbrushes hold onto bacteria and may cause re-infection.
- Take your baby with you to the dentist from being a tiny baby so he or she can get used to the sights, sounds and going regularly. This should help when a check up is needed once your baby’s teeth begin to grow
Meanwhile, speaking of brush, a friend sent me a video about (another) brush too! And I found it so amazing.