- Identify your goals in life - at work, in love, in your personal relationships.
- The connerstones of happiness are healthy living, a good diet, moderate exercise and enough sleep.
- Address boredom. ...minimise the times when you have to do things you don't like, and maximise the times when you feel good...
- Try as much as possible to play, at home and at work.
- Remember bad things happen to happy people, too. They cope by realising that good and bad are part of the big picture and not focusing solely on their suffering.
- Make someone's day.
- Surrender the idea that you should be blissfully happy 100 percent of the time.
- Get rid of guilt. When you feel guilty, do whatever you want anyway and live with it. It will eventually disappear...
- Be true of your own dream, not others' expectations for you. Dare to live the life you want...failure is part of success...
- Remember that happiness is a choice you make. It's not a permanent state but achievable one which we have to intentionally create from within.
Friday, January 25, 2008
The Pursuit of Hapiness*
Posted by Ms Lola at 6:20 PM