Sunday, December 14, 2008

Terselit Bawah Dapur

Okay, I am pretty sure that most of us know this song:

Air pasang dalam surut pukul lima,
Nyonya bangun pagi siram pokok bunga
Pokok bunga melur tanam tepi batas/kolam
Itik bertelur ayam menetas/mengeram
Encik Baba jatuh dalam parit
Cik Aminah ketawa jerit-jerit
Naik keretapi sampai Kuala Lumpur
Dapat bini/bayi comel terselit bawah dapur

No?

Well yesterday this morning, my mom, dad, brothers and sister-in-law were doing some operation in the kitchen. Operation to catch a rat (in case you're wondering)! I couldn't join them - I was really sick.

The tools they used were some sticks, plastic bags and a CAT.

The rat was hiding under my mom's old stove (this is why I relate the folk's song in this entry). So they opened every door on the stove and "knock, knock".

I knew the rat came out of the stove when I heard my mom screamed. And for that, the cat was shocked and ran away before he could catch the rat! So, one tool was gone.

But somehow, I heard some squeaking sound. Apparently, they managed to catch the rat without the cat. And you could only imagine the chaos if you were in my shoes at that time.

Okay, now one down. I didn't mention there were two rats did I? Because we also didn't know that there were two rats!

Just when my mom was about to close shop, I heard her screamed again. So they did the same operation again, only this time, WITHOUT THE CAT and MY MOM. I advised her to stay away from the kitchen. My brothers did the operation.

So, there goes my story of terselit bawah dapur. :P