Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This And That

I've recently finished reading another 2 books - both by Dorothy Koomson.

The first one was Good Night, Beautiful.



The second one was My Bestfriend's Girl.




I loved both books. I truly recommend reading them, especially the latter - I cried a river as I read it (Seriously, no joke!).

I must repeat that I read at a super slow speed. A book in a week is fast enough for me. So when I could finish reading My Bestfriend's Girl in 2 days, it means the book was something. Maybe beause the plot (Whoa,... plot?? What is plot? I simply use this word :P) were simple - a domestic one, nothing fancy or techy - something that I could easily understand. And there were not many characters.

As for Good Night, Beautiful, it (the writing) was something almost similar to Jodi Picoult's. I was confused at the beginning, but then I got used to it and knew who's who.

At this moment, I can only recommend these two. The other one is still waiting in the shelf - I am currently emotionally exhausted after reading her books.

P/s: Now I know why we cannot judge a book by its cover.