Thursday, May 28, 2009

Anak Saya Tau Bertaubat

My daughter didn't really want to have her dinner last night. I could tell by seeing her action - kuis-kuis nasi, suap macam nak tak nak, macam mulut tu bocor. I kept quiet and did not acknowledge her Mom-I-don't-want-to-eat-anymore expression (or rather reaction).

When I was done with my dinner, I waited for her to finish hers. I waited very patiently and smiled. :) (Padahal tengah tahan sabar).

I kept cool even when she played with the food and said "Sophia, makanan tak boleh buang-buang macam tu, nanti Tuhan marah". <-- Dengan muka kelat-nak-mampuss-tapi-paksa-diri-buat-muka-sweet.

She kept doing her thing.

I continued "Sophia, jangan buang-buang makanan tu... Tuhan yang bagi kita makanan ni. Nanti dia tak bagi nanti, macam mana?".

She continued indifferently.

Hmmm, I too continued calmly, "Kalau Sophia tak nak, takpe. Mama tak marah pun. Tapi Tuhan marah... Mama tak tahu..."

She cried, "Tak nak....." and then continued,...

.
.

.

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.

.

.

..."I'm sorry Tuhan..."


I wanted to laugh out loud but at the same time struggled to control my facial expression, so that she would think that 'We must appreciate FOOD'.