Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Other Boleyn Girl

Well, if you say that the movie is worth watching, then I must say that the book is 10 times worth reading.

Phewhh… I took quite some time to finish reading the almost-800-page book – I foresaw that I was going to take a while.

I.N.T.E.R.E.S.T.I.N.G. is the word.

Cerita pasal 3 beradik; Anne Boleyn, Mary Boleyn and George Boleyn yang saling membantu antara satu sama lain (apa yang penting, kerjasama). See, this is why when MN asked me who the guy with the Boleyn girls on the book cover was, I answered George Boleyn. It was the King, by the way.

The Other Boleyn Girl berkisar pada zaman 1500-an. Kalau tengok pada cover, saya ingat cerita dia ala-ala Judith McNaught’s; you know, gatal-gatal, romen-romen… 

But apparently The Other Boleyn Girl was more than that. Memang pada muka surat awal, agak terseksa juga saya nak membacanya. Tapi banyak benda menarik yang ditulis, yang menimbulkan minat saya untuk terus flip the pages (lembap tetap lembap lah). Walaupun saya telah khatam menonton filemnya terlebih dahulu, saya masih berminat untuk meneruskan pembacaan.

Sangat tidak sia-sia saya membaca buku ini!