Thursday, November 1, 2007

Latest Fad

When I was young, I never thought that I would spend as much as I can on cosmetics. My first ever makeup were Lipstick, Mascara, Liquid Eyeliner (I couldn't remember if I bought face powder) from The Body Shop and err Three-shade eye shadow from Revlon (I guess). And when Maybelline introduced "that" lipstick (with a mere RM20-sometimes-RM16 price) where Datuk Siti Nurhaliza first do modeling was the model, I realized that Maybelline made a right good decision taking her as the model when I found that I had 20++ of the lipsticks in my possession. (There went my scholarship money).

Ironically, I didn't even put on makeup lipstick to school (did I mention that I had my first makeup during my late Uni days?). I had (and still have) this chapped lips problem where I had (and still have) to apply lip balm twice a day until one day, I gave up and blamed it on the cheap lipsticks. So I gave ALL the lipstick to my dear Uni friends.

I then opted for a more-expensive lipstick from Clinique which cost me around RM50 (I seriously could not remember) and a classmate noticed the nice color I had on my lips.

When I first joined the company where I work now, I was eager to put my makeups on as I had more money to spend on fancier range. I even joined this Perasan-Dior Club where the members are my friend, Aida and me. We always have this brag session where we compare the things we had over and over again.

And, I am currently in the process of phasing out my Jurlique skin care range and switch to Dior HidrAction range. Is Dior my new addiction?