Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kenduri

What's the purpose of hosting a Kenduri? To me it's just about celebrating something.

When somebody is holding Kenduri Doa Selamat, I guess all he wants is some well wishes or good prayers from the guests. But as the guests, what's the point of attending one Kenduri Doa Selamat if when we get home, all we do is commenting on the food that was not good that didn't suit our taste buds, the hospitality, the setup and etceteras. What is actually our objective of making ourselves to any kenduri? Aren't we supposed to give the host well wishes or something for what he had served or in other words bersedekah dalam bentuk makanan kepada para tetamu?

Hmm, if I were the hostess, I would only hope for best wishes from my guests and some helpful hands, nothing more than that.

Speaking of kenduri, I need to prepare some signature (konon, Dik Non) menu for my parents' house warming this weekend. (Tu yang mak dok sebok tanya hang pasal menatang Krimwell tu, Erna).