Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Weng* Me!

I went back early today because I had promised the mechanic earlier (at around 11.30 a.m.) that I would come and pick up my car at the workshop soon. Janji Melayu; I only reached there at around 3 p.m ;).

Not that I really wanted to come late, but the thing is, I had to settle something (Read : Payment) in the office first; and just when I was about to leave, my boss came and showed me something (Read : New work). Hmm... Whatever.

I took a cab from office to the workshop. I spent half of my journey making (business) calls, a quarter by being awkwardly quite, and I started making conversation with En Driver during the last quarter.

Moi : Cik, kat traffic light tu belok kanan, ya?
Encik : Ya, ya

Moi : Cik duduk kat mana?
Encik : Saya? Saya dok kat Langat.

There are 2 Langats, one is Hulu and another one is Kuala. I was thinking if he lives in Kuala i.e Banting (am I geographically correct here?), he might have to take a long journey home for buka puasa. <-- Bukti ke'melalut'an saya pada hari ini, ya kawan-kawan?

Moi :
Oh, kat Hulu Langat, ya?
Encik : Haa.. takde la ulu. Nama je Hulu.

I was thinking hard right now. Where is it, where is it?

Moi : Oh, err,.. yang boleh masuk ikut Cheras tu ya?
Encik : Ha.. kat Batu 9 tu bla bla bla bla bla bla bla (I can't remember).
Moi : Dia ada jalan nak ke Semenyih kan?
Encik : Ha, betul. Nak tembus ke Kuala Kelawang pun boleh, kat Batu 14 tu, masuk kanan (please don't use this as reference as I couldn't really remember).
Moi : Kuala Kelawang!! Ya, ya. <--Pakcik tu mesti terkejut. Pehal pulak budak ni tiba-tiba excited lak ni?
Encik : Ha.. yang Along Spoon kena bunuh tu, kat jalan nak ke Kuala Kelawang la tu.
Moi : Oh, ya ke?
Encik : Jalan tu ...bla bla bla... Semenyih Dam ...bla bla bla bla bla...

...

Moi : Kat traffic light tu masuk kiri. Kat kedai-kedai tu. Saya nak ambik kereta ni. Kereta rosak, starter dah pecah kena ketuk dengan orang AAM. <-- Kepochi la ni
Encik : Bila hantar kereta?
Moi : Pagi tadi. Kat depan tu masuk kanan, ikut lori tu.
Encik : Mana workshopnya?
Moi : Tu, yang Caltex tu.

...

Moi : Berapa? Tambah seringgit, ya?
Encik : Tambah 2 ringgit.
Moi : Oh, ya ke? Hehe, saya tak tau.
Encik : Dah lama dah. Sejak Hari Wilayah dulu 2hb? 1hb?
Moi : 1hb. 11.70, ya? (I was ready to give him RM12 and would be asking him to keep the change)
Encik : 12.70. (10.70 + 2.00 equals what, people?)
Moi : Oh, ya ya. *Grin* while counting money.

Moi : Saya tak cukup duit syiling la Cik, saya bayar guna 50 la, ya? (I have 12.50)
Encik : Eh, tak payah la 50. Bagi je la duit syiling apa yang ada tu.
Moi : Takpe ke? Saya ada 50 sen je.
Encik : Takpe la, rezeki. Lepas ni boleh terus masak la ya?
Moi : Err, saya tak masak. Terima kasih ya, Cik *Grin*


I shut the door and went to my car.


*I first heard the word when I was in OBS back in 2001 - the RMC kids kept saying it.