Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jinx, Jinx, JINX!

I think I cannot talk about or comment on car breakdowns/accidents. You know why? Because I will SOMEHOW end up with having one after that. Call it karut, but it is true. I'd been through a series of the unfortunate events.

One day (Ceh, 'one day'...), when I was in Uniten, a friend was telling a story about her brother's car being hit from behind. Bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla, I said "Tak boleh nak bayangkan lah kalau jadi camtu". And guess what? That night, when I was on my way home (from Uniten), my car WAS HIT FROM BEHIND and at the same time I HIT ANOTHER CAR in front of me! My car was sandwiched between two cars. Now I got the experience of being hit and hitting a car - how's that?

Recently (well, not too recent), a friend (*ehem ehem* you know who you are) told me her experience having a breakdown in the middle of the traffic due to overheating. And again, I was soooooo overwhelmed (I simply want to use this word) with curiosity and again expressed my couldn't-imagine-thought to her. And as cliche as it may sound, MY CAR WAS ALSO OVERHEATED on the same fricking day when I was on my way to a site. I still took it as a coincidence, though. Well, what else could it be, right?

Until yesterday, when Cik Yan told the story about the tragedy in her blog, I prayed that the same thing WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO ME. Nauzubillah.




















Syukur, alhamdulillah that IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. BUT,..... I still had a breakdown. My car simply couldn't 'Start' when I was going home. Huhu, how sad... I called the fricking stupid AAM (AAM sucks, I tell you. That's why I mentioned it). Bukak sana, bukak sini, ketuk sana, ketuk sini, 'KETUK' aku sekali - RM 170 (RM 100 on AAM registration fee, RM 60 on the mechanic's service charge, RM 10 on PARKING! - cos' he went in and out 2 times). Itupun I resisted on changing the spare part (kalau tak, tak tau la berapa lagi kena ketuk).

Oh, after the bukak-tengok-ketuk-tak jadi tukar-pasang semula-ketuk lagi, the engine could 'Start' miraculously! And today, I really had to change the starter because the housing was broken due to yesterday's ketukan melampau.

Anyways, syukur alhamdulillah for nothing worse happened yesterday.