Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Glimpse Of An SAHM's Daily Routine

I wake up at 6 (sometimes 7 depending on what research I did the night before) almost every morning, do the usual ritual, and then wake my daughter up from her slumber (full of dried pee puddle).

While she is in the bathroom to freshen up (Gosh, she's a big girl now), I myself will go to the bathroom OR entertain my other child whom by then have woken up either for milk or just to talk.

By 7:30 a.m everything that is done upstairs should be over and off us go to send Sophia to her kindergarten. But sending Sophia to school before 8:00 a.m is very rare; I usually send her to school at around 9:00 a.m.

When we're back, I get my son bathed and send him to Lalaland. Only then I get the chance to have breakfast (cum lunch), that is around 11:00 a.m. I have never prepared my lunch. If I were to have lunch (at lunch time that is), it will always be the delivery or the ones that is prepared by my neighbor's maid.

I regard the time from 11:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m as my ME time. After that, the little boy should have waken up and cry. At around 4:00 p.m where my son goes to Lalaland again, I shall prepare dinner (usually curry or soup or tomyam) for my daughter, the fussy eater or take a power nap.

At 5, I shall be ready to pick up my daughter from school. And then the disaster episode shall begin :P.

At around 6, I get my son bathed while daughter is being glued to the TV screen. Dinner is usually served at 7 (early dinner yo, jago badan kata.. :P).

By 8 o'clock, all of us are already upstairs doing whatever activities until everybody is asleep 2 hours later.

Well, that's about it. That's the glimpse of a stay-at-home mom's routine that I shall face for like... err.. many months(????).

Till I have my own convection oven then. :)